1. Recession and even Depression
2. Unemployment Rates of 10+ percent
3. Dow Industrials of 5,000
4. GDP of minus 5% or worse
5. 12 million receiving unemployment benefits
6. Pre-packaged Bankruptcies in the Auto Industry
7. Major Retailers going out of business
8. More Bailouts for financial institutions
9. Housing prices falling another 30%
10. Value of the Dollar plummets and Gold Soars to new records
While these are not my predictions, they are the predictions I have gleaned from many of the most respected economic and financial publishers, commentators and bloggers.
However, tomorrow morning, the sun will surely rise again. We have people that we love and live with everyday. We have coworkers, co-owners with whom we share many common values and aspirations.
I predict only a few things. Some of these predictions will turn out to be wrong. Our company will grow only because we are providing products and services of great value as they continue to actually seek us out. We remain optimistic about the future of our industry and our country. We know that times are tough … but we see this as an opportunity for us and our clients to move forward and get better at what we do. The times will change again, and when they do, we will all march forward stronger than ever before.
This is not a time to be fearful or have despair. It is time to focus more on improving the lives and businesses of those we serve, associate with and those loved ones we live with.
Don’t let predictions form your reality. Create your own reality.